"As each one has received a gift, use it to serve one another as good stewards of God's varied grace." (1 Peter 4:10).
What identifies a steward? Safeguarding material and human resources and using them responsibly is one answer; so is generous giving of time, talent, and treasure. But being a Christian steward means more. As Christian stewards, we receive God's gifts gratefully, cultivate them responsibly, share them lovingly in justice with others, and return them with increase to the Lord. The life of a Christian steward models the life of Jesus. It is challenging and even difficult, in many respects, yet intense joy comes to those who take the risk to live as Christian stewards. After Jesus, we look to Mary as an ideal steward. As the Mother of Christ, she lived her ministry in a spirit of fidelity and service; she responded generously to the call. We must ask ourselves: Do we also wish to be disciples of Jesus Christ and Christian stewards of our world and our Church? Central to our human and Christian vocations, as well as to the unique vocation each one of us receives from God, is that we be good stewards of the gifts we possess.--USCCB
For Christ Forever
- Grow in covenant with God and one another
- Show unity among Orange County’s Catholic faithful
- Ensure the legacy of our Faith continues to grow today and forever
The need for the For Christ Forever campaign is prompted by two main factors:
- Catholic Community Growth. The Diocese of Orange is experiencing vibrant growth:
- 1.2 million Catholics are in OC, or about 40% of the total population
- It is now the 10th largest diocese in the U.S.
- Financial resources are essential to support our expanding Catholic community
- Emerging Opportunities Now. Immediate opportunities exist to connect, share and reinvigorate the missionary spirit of our faithful through:
- Renovating and dedicating of our future Christ Cathedral
- Supporting our local parishes, priests, Catholic education and ministries
- Aligning with Pope Benedict XVI’s call to New Evangelization
The For Christ Forever campaign is a key first step in our collective response to meet the needs of our parishes and Diocese. The goal is to raise more than $100 Million in pledges by the end of 2013 to support five priorities:
- Local Parish Support
- Priests Retirement
- Catholic Education
- Diocesan Ministries
- Christ Cathedral Campus
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
RCIA is available in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese for those not baptized AND those baptized in other Christian traditions.
- Adults - English - contact Sr. Vickie
- Adults - Spanish - contact Sergio Torres
- Adults - Vietnamese - contact Sr. Teresa Thu Hong Dao, LHC
- Teens - contact Youth Ministry
- Children (7 years and older) - contact Prep Office
Whether you decide to become a Catholic or not…Come and See and Learn !!!